Click here for an Agenda.
Click here for a Registration Form.
In this hands-on workshop, we will discuss the relevance of foodborne illnesses and provide a risk-based framework so participants can learn how to assess their production, harvest, and post-harvest handling practices. We will also look at trends in food safety practices at Virginia's farmers markets, and offer suggestions and examples of best practices that can be implemented. The workshop will feature Dr. Renee Boyer (VT Food Safety Extension Specialist), Phil Blevins (VCE-Washington ANR Agent), Kelli Scott (VCE-Montgomery ANR Agent), Sandy Stoneman (VCE-Area Food Safety Agent), and Amber Vallotton (VT Fresh Produce Food Safety Team Coordinator).
- This workshop will be held in Abingdon at Virginia Highlands Community College in the LRC Building Auditorium
- Cost of this special workshop is $25 and includes refreshments, lunch, and all handouts
- Certificate of Training and door prizes will be awarded at the end of the program
- Questions? Contact Sandy Stoneman, 276-613-3334 or email@example.com
- Since space is limited, pre-registration is required! Mail registration form (attached) with check or money order to Montgomery County Extension Office, 755 Roanoke St - Ste 1G, Christiansburg, VA 24073 or to register and pay with credit card follow these instructions
*Click on this link or copy and paste into your browser: https://quikpayasp.com/vt/commerce_manager/payer.do?orderType=VTVirginiaCooperativeExtension[quikpayasp.com]
*Your 2016 Produce Safety Workshop fee is $25
*Under the EXTENSION OFFICE LOCATION box, please choose Montgomery
*Under the PROGRAM AREA box, please choose Agriculture and Natural Resources
*For NAME OF PROGRAM, please type Produce Safety Workshop-Abingdon