The future of agriculture depends on the next generation of farmers and ag business owners. Our youth loan program prepares young people for a successful future in the agriculture industry to help rural America keep going strong.
What will participants learn?
Participants will go through the steps of acquiring and maintaining a loan, including:
- Learn how to navigate the loan process
- Responsibly manage money
- See a project through from beginning to end.
Loans are available for eligible candidates:
- Young people ages 9-18
- Loan for intital application up to $1500 (future requests up to $5000 considered after repayment)
- Project is a qualified youth project and income-producing
- Co-signed by parents or guardian
- Proof of membership in 4-H or FFA
- Realistic plan for project and repayment
What kind of loan can you get?
All loans have competitive interest rates and no fees. Loans available for a variety of qualified projects, including:
- Market steers, hogs, sheep, and other livestock
- Flocks of sheep
- Lawn mowing businesses
- Poultry project
- Horticulture project
- Aquatic production
- Growing crops
- Livestock for show
Want to know more?
Download our Powerpoint presentation
for more information about our youth loan program. You can also view the flyer here
and download the application here
Need help creating your business plan?
Our Excel youth business plan template will get you started. Download template